Question and Answers
View other questions about Miscellaneous
Asked By Oh No on July 31, 2008
Subject: Sea Shell pool
Is it true that they found a body in that pool? if true how sad :(
Submitted By Jose on July 31, 2008
Yes - and then it seems nobody was told and lots of people went swimming in the pool shortly after it was removed. They were not amused!
By DONNA WEAVER Staff Writer, 609-978-2015
Published: Thursday, July 31, 2008
TOMS RIVER - The death of a man whose body was found Tuesday at the bottom of a motel pool in Beach Haven has been ruled accidental, authorities said.
Gilberto Perez Ramirez was found in the deep end of the pool at the Sea Shell Resort and Beach Club on South Atlantic Avenue early Tuesday morning. His body was removed from the pool at about 6:45 a.m.
"We do not suspect foul play. The matter has been ruled as an accidental death from asphyxia due to drowning," said Deputy Chief Michael Mohel, spokesman for the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office.
Mohel said authorities are still waiting on the results of a toxicology report on Ramirez.
Paramedics from the Beach Haven First Aid Squad pronounced Ramirez dead at the scene Tuesday morning after Sgt. Thomas Medel and Patrolman Brian Delpriora pulled him out of the pool, according to borough Police Director Lou Taranto.
Ramirez lived on Coral Street in the borough and was an employee of the Seashell Resort and Beach Club, police said.
Tom and John Hughes, owners of the Sea Shell Resort and Beach Club did not return a call for comment Wednesday.
Submitted By Mary N. on July 31, 2008
I am surprised it wasn't closed for at least a little while for police investigation. This doesn't make sense and the SeaShell owners were wrong not to at least close the pool for a while to test the water for safety.
Submitted By just a local guy on July 31, 2008
According to one printed report, the police had the First Aid squad remove the body to the hospital and the detectives had it returned to the hotel! Seems the investigation was rushed a bit buy the attending officers.
I also read that they did test the water and it was fine - I can't imagine a dead body in for a short period of time emitting more contaminants than a three year old. They did say they would up the chemicals a bit regardless.
Submitted By Saul T. Pretzel on July 31, 2008
Common sense and good public relations DEMANDED that the pool should have been emptied, sanitized and refilled before using again.
If it wasn't - shame on them.
Submitted By The Answer Man on August 2, 2008
More on the story from the Atlantic City Press:
"Long Beach Island man's drowning on video, police say"
Published: Saturday, August 02, 2008
BEACH HAVEN - A security surveillance tape recorded the last minutes of a motel worker who drowned in a pool.
The tape, which authorities said will not be released, shows Gilberto Ramirez Perez, of Beach Haven, in the deep end of the pool at the Sea Shell Resort and Beach Club where he worked early Tuesday morning.
Beach Haven Police Director Lou Taranto said the tape has been turned over to the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office, which made copies and enhanced the video.
Taranto said he viewed portions of the tape before it was turned over.
"I could see two people in the pool swimming, one gets up and leaves and the other fellow was still there. You can see him struggling in the water," Taranto said.
Although the tape does not present that clear of a picture, Taranto said, Perez can be seen drowning. Taranto described the video as fuzzy without much lighting because it was night.
As far as the other man who was in the video, his identity remains a mystery, according to Taranto.
"We were looking for him the other day and we'll continue to search, but we're kind of satisfied that there were no other injuries to Perez other than he drowned," Taranto said.
"It's not like someone else was with him at the time he drowned. He was left by himself according to the video."
Deputy Chief Michael Mohel, spokesman for the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office said the investigation into Perez's death is active. The Ocean County Criminalistics Unit is now in possession of the tape, according to Mohel.
"It's normal procedure they would try to enhance video tape. I'm not going to comment about the tape," Mohel said. "The investigation is what it is. It's been ruled an accidental drowning and we are awaiting the toxicology results."
Sea Shell owner Tom Hughes would not comment about the video.
"I have been advised by the police not to speak to anyone about what happened to him (Perez)," Hughes said.
Emergency medical technicians from the Beach Haven First Aid Squad pronounced Ramirez dead at the scene Tuesday morning after Sgt. Thomas Medel and Patrolman Brian Delpriora pulled him out of the pool, according to Taranto.
Submitted By C:\33 XRUMER\img\Avatars\W on October 5, 2017
Знакомства Mogan. Сайт знакомств Mogan бесплатно, без регистрации, для серьезных отношений.
View other questions about Miscellaneous
Do you have an answer or a suggestion?
Use the form below to submit it.