Photographs of Old Barnegat City
Courtesy of the Barnegat Light Historical Society
Barnegat City's First Life-Saving Station
The original lifesaving station in Barnegat City which became the first U.S. Coast Guard Station.
Heading Home from a Rescue
A Coast Guard crew with their lifeboat on the beach at Barnegat City c.1907.
A view of Barnegat City from the top of the Barnegat Lighthouse c. 1910 looking
The original Coast Guard Station is by the ocean in the center of the photograph.
The Oceanic Hotel, which dominates the view, was eventually washed away by the encroaching sea.
Note the engine and cars in the center of the picture.
Barnegat City was the end of the line for the Tuckerton Railroad on the north end of Long Beach Island.
The street intersection is Central Avenue (the Boulevard) and Fourth Street.
Return to Barnegat Light Historical Society Museum
Return to Non-Profit Page