Barnegat Light Historical Society
Edith Duff Gwinn Gardens
5th Street and Central Avenue
Barnegat Light, NJ 08006
Hours of the museum are 10am to 4 pm daily July and August. Weekends in June and Sep.
The Edith Duff Gwinn Garden is open during daylight hours.
The Barnegat Light Elementary School as it originally looked early in the century.
You can just see the railroad in the foreground.
Girls entered through the left doorway, boys through the right.
The Barnegat Light Historical Society Museum proudly displays the original
that once graced the top of the Barnegat Lighthouse. It also has many photographs of
Barnegat City (Barnegat Light) during the first half of the twentieth century.
The Museum building was originally the schoolhouse in which early town children received their
elementary education from its construction in 1903 through the last class on June 15, 1951.
The building was opened as a museum for the town of Barnegat Light in 1954.
Members of the Barnegat Light Historical Society maintain the exhibits and staff the museum,
while the Garden Club of Long Beach Island lovingly cares for the Edith Duff Gwinn Garden.
Officers of the Barnegat Light Historical Society:
Karen Larson - President
Janet Osowski - Vice-President
Richard Alnutt - Secretary
Mary Selover - Treasurer
A view of the Barnegat Lighthouse during the first decade of this century.
More on Old Barney, Grand Old Champion of the Tides
Photographs of Old Barnegat City
Photographs of the Edith Duff Gwinn Gardens
Return to Non-Profit Page